This morning detectives from Taskforce Maxima with the assistance of Gold Coast RAP members executed a search warrant at a Paradise Point address. The search warrant formed part of Taskforce Maxima’s Operation North Veneno, targeting members of Highway 61 OMCG allegedly involved in drug trafficking and property offences.
During the raid, police located a number of men and women as well as a stolen motor vehicle, a small quantity of dangerous drugs and equipment.
As a result, five people were charged including:
– A 43-year-old man charged with possession of dangerous drugs and possess utensils.
– A 29-year-old man allegedly located in possession of cannabis and charged with possess dangerous drug.
– A 23-year-old woman charged with breach of bail and unlawful use of a motor vehicle.
– A 43-year-old woman charged with possession of dangerous drugs and possess utensil.
– A 27-year-old man charged regarding fail to appear warrants
– A 40-year-old man charged with possess utensil
“Today’s raid is further evidence of OMCG members allegedly continuing to engage in criminal activities within the community,” Detective Stevens of Task Force Maxima said.