AUSTRALASIAN BIKER NEWS
Former bikie boss loses finger
in naked shootout
A former Canberra bikie boss lost
a finger during a naked firefight with armed men at his
Comanchero ACT president Peter Zdravkovic had been in
the shower about 10.35pm on June 28, while his family
However, outside a group of three
armed men were climbing over his backfence.
Dramatic details of the
incident, which was captured on CCTV, were revealed in
the ACT Magistrates Court on Tuesday.
Court documents said an armed
group opened a roller door to a carport and signalled to
a stolen vehicle, driven by a fourth man, which reversed
into the driveway to deliver jerry cans of petrol.
Petrol was poured onto three
Meanwhile, two men, armed with
a shotgun and automatic pistol, opened fire on a
naked Mr Zdravkovic as he walked out of the
poured petrol into the home through the smashed
Police allege Mr Zdravkovic
armed himself with a rifle and returned fire with
two shots, before he was struck in the left hand,
severing his left middle finger.
One bullet from the
shootout ripped through walls and missed a sleeping
neighbour by about a metre.
The four attackers
retreated, setting the cars ablaze, before escaping
in the stolen vehicle.
An allegedly naked, armed, and
wounded Mr Zdravkovic then checked front and
backyards before hiding the rifle in the roof space
of the laundry.
documents said the Canberra chapter of the
Comanchero Outlaw Motorcycle Club had recently split
in two, with a faction loyal to Mr Zdravkovic then
cutting ties with the gang.
The court heard ACT Policing
had received intelligence that Mr Zdravkovic had
joined a newly formed Finks ACT chapter, a claim the
Detective Senior Constable
Stewart Alexander, from the witness box, said there
had been friction between the Finks and Comanchero
and police suspected the attack had been carried out
by members of a rival gang.
Ilifeleti Folauhola, 21, and
Mr Zdravkovic were arrested on Monday after police
allegedly found a loaded .357 calibre Ruger revolver
in their car.
A search of a home the men had
been staying in also allegedly uncovered a loaded 22/250
Ruger bolt action rifle, a shortened Marlin
nine-millimetre semi-automatic rifle, a magazine
containing .45 calibre pistol rounds, methamphetamine,
and a substance suspected to be MDMA, or ecstasy.
Mr Folauhola allegedly told police
he owned the weapons, which he intended to use for
self-defence if he was attacked.
Mr Folauhola was charged with
unauthorised possession of firearms, failure to
correctly store firearms, and possession of ammunition.
Mr Zdravkovic was charged with
unauthorised possession of a firearm, possess a
prohibited weapon, drugs, and failure to correctly store
a firearm in relation to the June incident.
Neither men entered pleas.
Prosecutor Vienna Connolly opposed
both defendants bail applications, arguing the pair
posed a risk of reoffending and risked the welfare of
Ms Connolly said bail
conditions could not mitigate the risk of further gun
and gang related violence.
Mr Zdravkovic’s defence lawyer,
Paul Edmonds, reminded the court that his client had
been the victim in the incident and bail should no be
refused for his own safety.
Mr Edmonds said his client had quit
gang life and was no longer affiliated with any club, which
he speculated could be a motive for the attack.
“One doesn’t lightly or easily
cease to be a member of such an organisation,” Mr Edmonds
Magistrate Glenn Theakston granted
both men bail with number of conditions, including
Mr Zdravkovic and Mr Folauhola will
return to court later this month.