Home Rides Events Tech Links
Raids Nth NSW
Police have arrested eight
people and seized significant quantities of illicit drugs as part of an
operation targeting drug supply offences linked to the Lone Wolf outlaw
motorcycle gang in the Northern Rivers.
Strike Force Areas was established by the Richmond Local Area Command Drug Unit in May 2016 to investigate the suspected supply of commercial quantities of MDMA (ecstasy) and indoor cultivation of cannabis.
Following extensive inquiries, officers executed simultaneous search warrants at properties in North Lismore, South Lismore, East Lismore, Goonellabah, Rous Mill, Jiggi, and Georgica at 6am today (Thursday 20 October 2016).
Local officers were assisted by the Gangs Squad’s Strike Force Raptor, the Public Order and Riot Squad, the Police Dog Unit and Tweed/Byron Local Area Command.
Today’s operation is on-going, but initial results include:
• Two large hydroponic cannabis set-ups with 57 cannabis plants, $13,000 cash and an electronic stun device were located at a home in Georgica. A 65-year-old man is currently assisting police with inquiries in that regard.
• 17 cannabis plants and ecstasy pills were seized at a home in East Lismore. A 23-year-old man was arrested in that regard.
• Items connected with commercial drug supply, cannabis and OMCG paraphernalia were seized at a home in North Lismore. A man and a woman, both aged 24, have been charged with on-going commercial supply of MDMA (ecstasy).
• A hydroponic cannabis set-up with eight plants, knuckle dusters, radio equipment and OMCG paraphernalia were seized at a home in South Lismore. A 35-year-old man has been charged with enhanced cultivation of cannabis.
• A hydroponic cannabis set-up with eight plants, steroids and OMCG paraphernalia were seized at a home at Rous Mill. A 33-year-old man has been charged with enhanced cultivation of cannabis.
• OMCG paraphernalia, an illegal bar set-up and items used in the sale of alcohol were seized at a property in North Lismore.
• Six cannabis plants and dried cannabis were seized at a home in Goonellabah. A 45-year-old man has been issued with a Future Court Attendance Notice for cultivate prohibited plant and possess prohibited drug.
• A commercial quantity hydroponic cannabis set-up has been located at a property in Jiggi. A 30-year-old man has been arrested in that regard.
Police also issued firearms prohibition orders and consorting warnings to nine members of the Lone Wolf OMCG, including one man whose firearms licence was suspended and registered firearms seized.
Richmond Crime Manager, Detective Chief Inspector Cameron Lindsay, said police are committed to removing illegal drugs from the community.
“The seizures today by Strike Force Areas are the culmination of several months of dedicated work by my investigators.”
“These investigations are on-going and we will continue to target and disrupt the activities of outlaw motorcycle gangs in the Richmond area.” said Det Ch Insp Lindsay.