Queensland Premier admits Jarrod Bleijie has received threats since the new bikie laws were imposed.

Queensland Athorney-General Jarrod Bleijie has received threats since the new bikie laws were imposed.

Queensland Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie has been threatened by bikie gangs angry at the state's new laws cracking down on them.

In a joint press conference with Premier Campbell Newman on Sunday, Mr Bleijie was asked to confirm a report he had received threats over his anti-bikie reforms.

Mr Newman answered for the AG: "Yes that's true ... It's certainly true this occurred."

He declined to give more details.

"There have been threats made. That's as far as I'm going," he added.

"This is not about any individual. It's about the whole government of Queensland acting with purpose and acting quickly with the state's criminal thugs."

Mr Newman said his government knew who they were dealing with and expected a backlash when it began announcing its anti-bikie reforms in response to a Bandidos riot at a Gold Coast restaurant last month.

"The government went in with our eyes open," he said.

"We know these are criminal gangs, people who manufacture drugs, distribute them, create misery in our community, bash people up, threaten people, murder people on occasions and also rape.

"They are just absolute crims and we knew they would not go quietly."

Under new state laws passed last week, 26 bikie gangs have been named as criminal organisations.

Members are barred from their clubhouses or gathering in groups of three or more, and those convicted of serious crimes face extra jail time for their affiliation with gangs.

They are also automatically refused bail and are not allowed to own or work in tattoo parlours.

A man police say is a Rebels' bikie gang member was arrested on Saturday afternoon for allegedly shouting abuse at patrolling police in Mount Isa.

The 51-year-old was charged with drunk and disorderly behaviour and for wearing a prohibited item, which was allegedly a Rebels' buckle.

He was refused bail and will appear in the Mount Isa Magistrates Court on October 21.