Australasian biker news

Home Bike News Rides Other Stuff Events Tech Links Adults Only

Finks claim Gold Coast bikie shooting accused Mark James Graham a maverick

THE Finks bikie gang is distancing itself from the man accused of a Gold Coast shopping centre shooting, angry that it has brought them unwanted "heat" from the law.

Melbourne-based Mark James Graham faced Southport Magistrates Court yesterday following last weekend's double shooting at Robina.

Bikie sources described Graham as a maverick whose alleged shooting of senior Bandidos gang member Jacques Teamo - and the wounding of a woman shopper - was not sanctioned by the Finks.

Sources say Graham, 26, and Teamo, 42, are believed to have had "history" and clashed after bumping into each other at the shopping centre.

There is talk of a public peace pact between the Finks and Bandidos as a reaction to the shooting.

The shooting had been blamed on an escalating turf war between the Bandidos and Hells Angels, who are said to be trying to muscle in on the Gold Coast.

It had been suggested the man who shot Teamo was a "hired gun" brought up from interstate to settle a score.

Teamo's Mermaid Beach tattoo parlour was peppered with bullets last week and Bandido-linked businesses in Brisbane were also attacked.

Graham displayed no emotion as he sat handcuffed in the dock with a posse of police standing guard.

He was formally charged with attempted murder, unlawful wounding, acts intended to cause grievous bodily harm, possessing a weapon, discharging a weapon in a public place and dangerous conduct with a weapon.

Police prosecutor Peta Eyschen asked that Graham's image be suppressed from media publication for 72 hours.

Magistrate John Costanzo asked for justification for making such an order.

Sgt Eyschen replied that identification of the shooter would be central to the case. She said Graham's image should also be suppressed "in the interests of justice" for him and his family.

Mr Costanzo asked for legal precedents and the case was briefly adjourned.

Sgt Eyschen returned to withdraw the application.

Mr Costanzo remanded Graham in custody to reappear on June 13 by video link.


Hit Counter