Back to jail ... for Scott Orrock.

Back to jail ... for Scott Orrock. Photo: Paul Bibby

Former Nomads bikie boss Scott Orrock is being taken back to jail after a Supreme Court judge today overturned his bail for allegedly setting a police paddy wagon on fire two weeks ago.

Mr Orrock allegedly set the police van alight outside his tattoo parlour, Skin Deep Tattoo Studio, on King Street, Newtown, in the early hours of April 21.

The 47-year-old, who left the Nomads and is now associated with the Hells Angels bikie club, had allegedly argued with the police before the fire, telling them their continued presence was making him and his family a target.

He allegedly told police to "f------ move it [the vehicle] right away or otherwise I will burn it down."

After initially being refused bail, Mr Orrock was released on a $10,000 surety by Central Local Court last week.

His barrister Deone Provera argued that his client should be freed on conditional bail citing his role as the owner and sole artist at the tattoo parlour, and his family's dependence on him, as major factors.

He also submitted that Mr Orrock suffered from a number of conditions - including anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder and insomnia - that would compound any jail time.

The decision to grant him bail sparked an angry reaction from police and NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell, who described it as a "kick in the guts to the community" and accused the judiciary of living in a bubble.

Today, Justice Peter Garling said Mr Orrock was "an ongoing risk to the community".

He also said there was a significant risk Mr Orrock would not show up for his court hearing.

"I am satisfied that having regard to the nature of this offence and the seriousness of it, the fact that Mr Orrock has demonstrated that this is not the first occasion in which he has engaged in unlawful conduct, nor is it the first occasion in which he has acted in defiance of the law, all combine to make it likely that he will commit further  serious offences if at liberty on bail," Justice Garling said in his written reasons for his judgment.

"I am satisfied that the protection and welfare of the community and the likelihood of his committing further serious offences of liberty on bail outweigh his general right to be at liberty."  

"Having regard to the nature and seriousness of the offence with which he is charged, the strength of the police case [and] the criminal history of Mr Orrock, that there is a real risk and it is unlikely that Mr Orrock will appear in court.

"Further I am satisfied that the protection and welfare of the community ... require that the bail review should be upheld and Mr Orrock's bail revoked."

Mr Orrock's sister in law, who gave her name as Veronica Radov, said the decision would have a "terrible" impact on the family.

"We want to see the evidence ... there's no evidence against him," she said.

Her mother, Angela Radov, said the family would fight on.

"This is not going to end here. This is going to go on. Justice will be done."

They also denied that Mr Orrock was connected to the Hells Angels.

"It's western Sydney - everybody knows somebody who knows somebody else," Veronica Radov said.

"But he's not one of them."