Home Rides  Events Tech Links

Vigilante Motorcycle Gang duo admit to abducting friend after Harley Davidson theft

TWO treacherous bikie goons have pleaded guilty to the terrifying abduction of a friend who was beaten and threatened with death after his Harley Davidson was stolen.

Vigilante Motorcycle Gang thugs Peter Scott Riddle, 44, and David Gibbs, 37, subjected an associate of the club to a violent ordeal in which he was dragged from his home in front of his children in the middle of the night.

Riddle, a former butcher with a southern cross neck tattoo, pleaded guilty to kidnapping his friend of 13 years and is facing up to 25 years’ jail.

Gibbs, a fencer, pleaded guilty to the false imprisonment and is facing up to 10 years’ jail - although the prosecution accepts a non-custodial sentence is within range.

The pair turned on the victim after another Vigilante stole his $16,000 Harley Davidson at gun point in November, 2014.

The victim tried to use his contacts in the club to get his bike returned when a group of Vigilantes turned up at his house in March, 2015 and smashed their way in, terrifying the victim’s partner and two young children before dragging him out in his socks and bundling him in to Riddle’s Toyota Prado.

They drove the victim to the western suburbs where he was bundled into another car driven by Gibbs.

The victim was repeatedly punched in the head by a co-offender as he was being driven to the gang’s clubhouse.

The victim managed to flee the car after he started to dry-wretch, jumping fences in Deer Park before banging on a stranger’s window, begging for the police to be called.

The victim has been left suicidal by his ordeal, struggled to work, rarely leaves his house and can no longer see his children as often.

“I thought I was going to end the night in a hole in the ground,” the victim said in a statement read to the court.

The pair appeared today at the County Court before Judge Philip Misso, where they appeared to share jokes during their plea hearing.

Both refused to co-operate with police and pleaded guilty shortly before trial.

Gibbs and Riddle will be sentenced by County Court Judge Philip Misso at a later date.